Thank you for considering a group or company volunteer visit to Agape Community Center. In 2011, Agape program volunteers contributed over 1,000 hours! Regular volunteer teams from local organizations included our loyal supporters at Trinity Presbyterian Church, RaceTrac and The Lovett School.
Your team of 2 to 5 will be serving as ambassador presenters from your organization in the after-school program of your choice. Please keep in mind the following:
- Your team's task is to be positive, loving role models for the children, offer a 10-15 minute talk on your job, company or organization and its purpose, and be a part of a career day activity related to your group's interests or business. Our program staff can make suggestions.
- Volunteers should be on time and ready to go!
- Prior to your visit each volunteer must fill out a volunteer application (below). Please collect them all together, scan them and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your visit.
- Included with the applications must be either a letter from your organization stating that you have current criminal background checks for each volunteer or provide individual criminal background checks for each person.
- The first 15 minutes of your visit will include an orientation on the larger issues we address, he actual work of Agape and a brief overview of community we serve.
- Below you will find a schedule of volunteer needs for he rest of this semester. Please let me know which date(s) and which program/age group you would like to visit.
- You have the option to provide and serve a nutritious meal for the children. See the below, the Nutritious Classroom Meal Options for more details. If you wish to provide a meal, place your food order at least 24 hours before your scheduled volunteer session. Be sure to mention that your order is for Agape. Stop by the store and pick up your order on the way to the after-school program.
- Email your requested visit day to Tony Conway, Development Director at email@example.com.
> Volunteer Application
> Meal Options
> Community Impact
> About Agape Community Center